Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DA GROTTO. Father Bernard really liked rocks.

Today Kristen and I rediscovered Catholicism in a big way when we stopped off at the Grotto of the Redemption. As we discovered later on the Grotto’s Wikipedia page, it was hand built by a priest who had a divine revelation after being cured of pneumonia and was instructed to built a giant stone grotto featuring the stations of the cross. It’s hard to describe in words exactly WHAT this West Bend grotto is, but the pictures we took should say it all. Right now we are stationed at another lake town, Clear Lake. Below are also pictures we took while the sun was setting at Storm lake.

Grotto Photos:









Me at my favorite station of the cross: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus.




Kristen admiring one of the rocks. The rocks in the Grotto are valued at over 4 million dollars.

Photos from the lake house at Storm Lake:

The view from the dock at Storm Lake while the sun was setting. Kristen and I sat on the dock and watched as the sun went down.

A second view from the dock at the lake house we stayed at. The couple was very nice, and they we're playing a Rolling Stones concert DVD the entire time on their big screen TV which made me think of home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My God! My dad drug us to the Grotto when we were little. I was so bored. I'm so sorry.
    (Biz Not Laura)

    ReplyDelete